Native-English Services and Pricing Competitive with India and the Philippines
Qualfon Georgetown Guyana offers a unique combination of outsourcing advantages that can’t be found in any other country.
What Makes Guyana Unique for Outsourcing?
Scalability: Guyana is an outstanding business process outsourcing (BPO) location because, as a native-English-speaking country with roughly 600,000 people in Georgetown, it provides greater scalability. In other countries, only small segments of the population speak English, but Guyana’s English-speaking population provides a large and sustainable talent pool with a 90.1% literacy rate—one of the highest literacy rates in the Caribbean and Latin American region.
English Skills: The Guyanese are skilled, native English speakers when compared to bilinguals across the CALA region. Roughly 70% of Guyanese pass the Versant English language proficiency test, while only 15% of bilinguals pass the test in other Latin American and Caribbean countries. The Guyanese, therefore, have a strong ability to provide services via phone, and these abilities can be a cost-effective alternative to the premiums companies must pay for bilingual employees in neighboring countries.
Cultural Ties: The people of Guyana have a high cultural affinity to the U.S. and understand American customers because they consume American media. These cultural ties result in superior customer experiences.
We believe that the best-kept secret for native English [outsourced services] in Latin America is Guyana. -Michael DeSalles, Principal Analyst at Frost & Sullivan, in an interview with Nearshore Americas
Why Qualfon Georgetown Guyana
- Disruptive Value and Pricing: This scalable and native-English-speaking workforce is the premier location in the Latin American and Caribbean (CALA) region, offering competitive pricing that makes it a compelling alternative to India and a strong complement to the Philippines
- Longevity and Sustainability: Qualfon has been operating high-quality programs in Georgetown since 2005
- Sizable: Qualfon is the largest private employer in Guyana
- Employee Tenure: Qualfon maintains a high agent tenure of 28.8 months and a significantly lower monthly attrition with an average of 5.45%
- Award-Winning Performance: Qualfon Georgetown is a top-performing center for a large, J.D. Power-winning client
- Experience and Tenured Leadership: Guyana managers have an average tenure of +85 months with deep business process processing experience, including technical support and sales
- High Capacity: Qualfon has room for client expansion with the Georgetown North contact center and the 10-acre Providence campus
-Learn more about Guyana’s population, weather, technology infrastructure, and more
-Get the details on Qualfon’s facilities in Georgetown, Guyana
-See which of Qualfon’s services are available in Guyana
-Examine Qualfon Guyana’s employee tenure rates
-Hear about Qualfon Guyana’s performance and awards